1. Put on moisturizing cream before bed.-During deep sleep, your skin rests and heals. Take advantage of the rise in growth hormones in your body, which help repair damaged cells during sleep. Put on a deep hydrating cream before you go to bed at night in order to wake up moisturized and help bring out the glow. Beauty sleep isn’t a myth getting enough sleep will also help your skin appear more youthful and rejuvenated.
2. Drink a lot of water-Drinking plenty of water throughout this season is one of the most important things you can do to bring out glowing skin. If you find it difficult to down eight huge glasses of water a day, try trading in your coffee for tea and if you dont like plain water try adding in some strawberries, oranges, lemon,mint and anything else you would like . Dehydration is the main culprit behind dull skin and wrinkles, and it doesn’t just affect dry skin types but oily skin as well. Keep your skin healthy and soft by hydrating your body from within.
3. Try an illuminating foundation- A quick trick to getting dewy skin is switching to an illuminating foundation. With the ability to reflect light, illuminating foundation will instantly cover blemishes while giving your skin a natural, luminescent finish.
4. Exfoliate your skin once per week- Your skin is always producing new cells, and when the new cells appear, the dead ones stay on the surface, keeping your skin looking dull and dry. Exfoliating once a week will remove skin cell buildup and leave your skin looking brighter and more youthful. It will also give your moisturizers easier access to your pores, allowing them to penetrate your skin more effectively.
5. Skip long, steamy showers-Long, hot showers feel amazing, but staying in them too long will strip your skin of its natural moisture and wash away essential oils—two things that give you the glow you want. Limit your showers to ten minutes and keep your water warm, not hot.
6. Get a humidifier-Your humidifier will be your skin’s new best friend for the colder seasons. When air is colder, it’s drier, and your skin isn’t capable of soaking up as much moisture. Turning on your humidifier while you’re sleeping at night not only allows you to breathe easier, but it will also hydrate your skin so you can wake up with a fresh face.
7. Exercise to sweat-Regular exercise increases blood circulation, bringing nourishment for your skin cells and alleviating stress, which will actually improve your overall complexion. Sweating opens your pores and helps rid your body of toxins that cause pimples and breakouts. Exercise regularly and your skin will thank you for it.