This is a very efficient recipe in which you can make 10 to 12 different types of cookies from one batch of cookie dough. These cookies last for about 3 days and click the link to go to a cookie hack page COOKIE HACK AND TROUBLESHOOTING
Make sure that the ingredients are room temperature and to make cold eggs room temperature quickly place them in warm water for a minute or two.
EVERY COOKIE COOKIE RECIPE
COOK TIME: 10-12 MINUTES
- 1 cup of melted room temperature butter
- cup of brown butter
- cup of white sugar
- cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 large eggs(look at the end of the recipe for egg substitutes)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toppings like chocolate chips, M&MS, Smarties, Oats, Nuts, Rasins
- Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt only if butter is unsalted.
- In a separate bowl whisk the white and brown sugars making sure that there aren’t any large chunks of sugar then add the butter and whisk for about a minute until light and fluffy.
- Whisk one egg in the sugar-butter mixture until its fully mixed in, scrape the mixture stuck on the sides of the bowl then add the 2nd egg and vanilla extract then scrape the mixture stuck on the sides of the bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until fully mixed.
- Chill for about 30 minutes before scooping.
- Use scoop measure and scoop the cookie base in 10 or 12 cookies and these are quite big.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F or 185°C before adding topping
- Place the cookies on the baking tray lines with parchment paper or foil and add toppings.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until the edges are golden brown and the centre is soft.
- Let the cookies cool for about 5 minutes before eating.
EGG SUBSTITUTION OPTIONS
- 1 tbsp of Ground flax+ 3 tbsp of water= 1 egg (blend till thick and creamy with a egg like consistency).
- 1 tbsp of Chia seeds + 1/3 cup of water= 1egg (Mix and let sit for 15 minutes)
- 1 tbsp soy protein powder+ 3 tbsp of water= 1egg
- ½ mashed banana=1egg
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce =1egg
- 3tbsp peanut butter = 1egg